Sunday, March 15, 2009

Little things could mean a lot...

Its been sometime time since I wrote anything new here. Writing is not one of my strengths, if I hv any, that is...
During my school days, karangan and essay were subjects I hated most.

It has been 64 days since my late husband's passing.... Life has to go on.

Yesterday, I plucked up some courage to look into some of his belongings. I found little things that he kept, things that would mean nothing to others, but means a lot to me. There was a lump in my throat, water in my eyes. I realised I am still not ready... Maybe some other time.

I keep reminding myself, I have to be strong. But the temptation to just submit to my grief and shut everything and everybody out is just too great. I hope I could resist it.

A colleague of mine told me about a neighbour whose husband passed away is a similar manner to mine. She just shut down and kept to herself. I understand why she did it. It was simpler...

I keep praying to Allah that he gives me his support to ride through this transition before I can be on my feet again.

Al-Fatihah for my dear departed...

1 comment:

TOPeX said...

Your children are with you, always, mum ..